The Group objectively assesses environmental risks and is committed to minimizing them. It allocates significant resources to various environmental programmes and the implementation of innovative technologies.
One of the purposes of the Integrated Management System of NLMK Group is a mitigation of environmental impact and compliance with the requirements of the international standard ISO 14001.
Environmental targets of the IMS Policy:
- Сomply with the best industry practices in the sustainable use of materials and resources as well as the safety of production processes for the environment
- Ensure the environmental and climate efficiency of operations, as well as respond to the changing environmental and climate conditions in balance with the social and economic needs
Principles of the Policy:
- Recognising responsibility for the environmental impact;
- Expanding the monitoring of environmental impact;
- Planning activities based on the results of regular environmental risk analysis;
- Dedication of NLMK personnel and contractors to the achievement of environmental safety targets;
- Compliance with Russian and international environmental legislation and regulations;
- Openness and accessibility of information about the Group’s environmental activities and impact;
- Maintaining effective communication with internal and external interested parties.
Most NLMK Group production sites have integrated the requirements of the international environmental management standard.
Currently, NLMK Lipetsk, Stoilensky, Altai-Koks, Dolomit, Stagdok, NLMK Ural, VIZ-Steel, NLMK Kaluga, NLMK Metalware have proven their compliance with 14001:2015 and are covered by the common certificate of NLMK Group (NLMK Lipetsk).