Environmental management system
Altai-Koks is implementing its environmental policy, running an efficient coke and chemical by-products production process with a minimal environmental impact. The policy is seen as a long-term declaration guiding Altai-Koks’ efforts to ensure the environmental safety of its operations.
Objectives of the policy are as follows:
- Strive for the best global level of technologies to secure reduction of the plant’s footprint to its minimal and practically achievable level;
- Be a leader among coke producers in specific environmental impact indicators.
Principles of the policy are as follows:
- Revamping and technical upgrade of core and auxiliary operations to achieve BAT level
- Compliance with Russian and international laws and regulations on environmental protection and natural resource management
- Minimization of risks related to the negative impact on the environment
- Availability and transparency of environmental information, effective public relations
In 2016, Altai-Koks is intending to complete implementation of the environmental management system.